Logitech Revue Technical
- Intel Atom CE4150 1.2 GHz processor, with a 400 MHz GPU
- Gigabyte GA-SBKAN2 motherboard
- Samsung K9F8G08U0M 1 GB NAND Flash (RAM)
- Hynix H27UBG8T2ATR 4 GB NAND Flash (Long Term Storage)
- Silicon Image Sil9135 HDMI 1.3 Receiver
- Nanya NT5CB128M8CN-CG 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 Gb X 8)
- Realtek Semiconductor RTL8201N 10/100M PHYceiver
- Microchip PIC24FJ64GA004-I/PT 16-bit microcontroller
The Logitech Revue was recently torndown and its inners revealed.
Samsung K9F8G08U0M 1 GB NAND Flash
- Used for storage of bootloader, kernel, boot flash graphics, Linux OS etc..
Hynix H27UBG8T2ATR 4 GB NAND Flash (Long Term Storage)
- Used for persistent storage, device is /dev/sda - possible to override with an external USB drive
Microchip PIC24FJ64GA004-I/PT 16-bit microcontroller
- Used to handle IR input/output for remotes/IR blasters and possible interface with wireless keyboard
Place new update labeled "update.zip" on a USB drive, with a single partition (ie, 1st partition on a USB disk, so say "/dev/sdc1")
Insert into Revue in the Right most USB port (if looking at the back, closest to the power jack)
Boot into recovery mode: (confirm?)
Hold the Sync button while plugging in the Revue, keep it held, at the same time hold Menu+L on the keyboard.
Box will reboot, continue to hold Sync button, then hold Alt+L (or mash, your choice), and it should then enter recovery mode.
You can then update the box, with a newer update. Downgrading fails however due to a date check.
(Add update history?)
Creating 13 MTD partitions on "intel_ce_nand":
- 0x00000000-0x00200000 : "mbr"
- 0x00200000-0x00a00000 : "cefdk"
- 0x00a00000-0x00c00000 : "redboot"
- 0x00c00000-0x00e00000 : "cefdk-config"
- 0x01000000-0x01800000 : "splash"
- 0x01800000-0x01900000 : "fts"
- 0x01900000-0x02d00000 : "recovery"
- 0x02d00000-0x03200000 : "kernel"
- 0x03200000-0x07200000 : "boot"
- 0x07200000-0x1f200000 : "system"
- 0x1f200000-0x3fa00000 : "data"
- 0x3fa00000-0x3ff00000 : "keystore"
- 0x3ff00000-0x40000000 : "bbt"
mbr - Master Boot Record
cefdk - Boot loader, may or may not have a shell
Splash - Splash image, can be seen here ( http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3144/splashc.png )
Recovery - Full image, including kernel and small ramdisk (in squashfs format), boots to recovery menu
Kernel - The kernel image
Boot - Ramdisk for the actual box, goes in hand with the kernel image, also in squashfs format
The logitech revue board contains a UART1 port on the front of the board which before receiving the boxes initial updates is active. In order to communicate with UART port you will need a USB to TTL adapter (or board that does a similar conversion).
The pins operate at 3.3v and the port at 9600 baud with the following pinout: File:I.imgur.com/xJHay.jpg