"Although the information we release has been verified and shown to work to the best our knowledge, we cant be held accountable for bricked devices or roots gone wrong."
This page will be dedicated to a general overview, descriptions, and information related to the Momentum Axel 720P.
The Momentum Axel 720P is a Wi-Fi camera with a built in microphone, speaker, motion detection. Comes with free iPhone/Android app for control of the device. Recordings can be stored on micro SD card (not included) or cloud storage with a subscription. Sold at Walmart and Target. For more information, see https://www.momentumcam.com
Root: Custom Firmware Upgrade via SD Card
Root shell over telnet can be enabled by placing this customized firmware onto the micro SD card, and rebooting the camera. After reboot, you can log in to telnet with root/EHLGVG.
Build Your Own Firmware =
Alternatively, you can build your own firmware by following these instructions:
1. Download Hikvision packer/unpacker (to Linux PC):
2. Download original firmware:
3. ./hikpack -t r0 -x digicap.dav -o newfw
4. cd newfw
5. unsquahsfs app.img
6. cd squashfs-root
7. nano initrun.sh and add '/bin/busybox telnetd &' to the end to enable telnet (or make any changes you want)
8. cd ..
9. mksquashfs squashfs-root/ app.img -comp xz -b 256K -noappend -force-uid 4145 -force-gid 4148
10. rm -rf squashfs-root
11. ./hikpack -t r0 -p ezviz.dav -o newfw
12. Copy ezviz.dav to SD card
13. Insert SD card to camera
14. Reboot camera
15. Log in to telnet with root/EHLGVG
- NOTE: The root password is hard-coded to all devices.