Although the information we release has been verified and shown to work to the best our knowledge, we cant be held accountable for bricked devices or roots gone wrong. GTV_Hacker:General_disclaimer
This page will be dedicated to the hardware specifications, descriptions, and information related to the Asus Cube (Formerly Qube).
Buying Google TV devices is expensive and, in a lot of cases our testing leads to bricked equipment. If you would like to help support our group, site, and research please use one of the links below to purchase your next Google TV.
These specifications are unverified, but based off of the SOC this should hold to be "trueish". We will update this once the hardware ships.
- Marvell Armada 1500(88DE3100) 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, with a 750 MHz GPU
- 1 GB DDR3 Memory
- 4 GB Flash NAND
- Two USB Ports
- IR Blaster
Cuberoot was released May 17, 2013 for the Asus Cube by the Exploitee.rs team. This root leverages a local command execution vulnerability within a Unix socket for NFS mounting. This socket interfaces with a helper application that doesn’t properly sanitize input allowing local code execution.
This particular vulnerability is made better by being able to be exploited from within an Android app, and allows us to provide users with an easy method of patching their device to prevent another application from exploiting the bug for nefarious reasons.
- Root your Asus Cube.
- Install SuperSu.
- Modify the Flash Player to bypass website blocks on streaming media sites.
- Disable automatic updates.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about your device.
- Allow you to patch this vulnerability, which prevents malicious applications from using this bug.
- MASTER.20130115.133219 (01/15/2013) - Launch version, shipped on the box. Box is branded as the "Asus Qube"
- MASTER.20130327.094230 - First OTA (04/24/2013). Rebrands the box as "Cube", adds Voice Search and additional apps Download
- MASTER.20130523.021406 - Second OTA (05/23/2013). Adds Amazon instant video Download
- MASTER.20131023.164739 - Adds VUDU support Download
Connections / Connectors / Switches
- J2 - SPI ?
- UART1 - UART (115200 8n1)
- RF_CON - Remote Control Antenna Board
- WIFI_CON - WiFi / BT Antenna Board (SDIO)
- SW1 - Factory Reset